This dish is pure comfort food. It comes together quickly with the use of frozen vegetables and canned soup. It is an excellent way to use up leftover chicken (or you could use turkey if you still have some). You can always just use a roasted chicken from the grocery store deli too! My family loved this creamy filling dish.
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 (10-3/4 ounces each) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 cups frozen sliced carrots
- In a skillet, sauce onion in ¼ cup water until tender. Cooking in water will save on calories. You can add water a little at a time while cooking if needed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup,mayonnaise, milk, honey, and mustard until smooth.
- Then fold in the chicken, hash browns, carrots, and onions that were previously cooked.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Serves 6-8.
Adapted from Quick Cooking.