Today, I have a yummy giveaway for you along with some fun tips for the holidays! I am a big freezer jam fan, but the next best thing to freezer jam in my opinion is preserves. Smucker’s Orchard’s Finest preserves are delicious. They have amazing flavors:
- Pacific Mountain Strawberry
- Coastal Valley Peach Apricot
- Northwoods Blueberry
- Michigan Red Tart Cherry
- Fall Harvest Cinnamon Apple
- Northwest Triple Berry
I love the apple and triple berry flavors. They all have nice pieces of fruit in them and are so easy to spread.
Not only are these preserves tasty but they have the cutest packaging!. The jars are the perfect size and shape and I love the gingham lids! You could wrap a bow around a jar and you have the perfect little gift. Smucker’s even has recipes to use the preserves. You could attach a recipe to use the preserves to the jar too! They would also be a fabulous addition to a gift basket.
Today’s I have a prize pack is provided by Smucker’s which includes:
- Orchard’s Finest product sampling in branded crate
- $100 certificate to Cooking.com
- Holiday entertaining accessory
1. Combine 3 Tablespoons of Orchard’s Finest Preserves with an 8 oz package of softened cream cheese along with 2 Tablespoons sugar for a fruity cream cheese spread or filling for stuffed french toast.
2. Heat 1/2 cup Orchard’s Finest preserves in a sauce pan until warm. Then carefully mix in 3 cups of partially thawed berries. Continue heating until the berries are heated through. Serve over pancakes, waffles, french toast, cheesecake or crepes.
3. Use Orchard’s Finest Preserves as a filling for cupcakes. When the cupcakes are cooled, use an apple corer or knife, cut out a 3/4 inch round plug from the center of each cupcake creating a pocket in each cupcake, saving the plugs. Fill a ziploc freezer bag with 12 oz of preserves. Knead the fruit in the bag for a few seconds to soften it. Snip of a corner of the bag with scissors and pipe the fruit into the pockets, filling the pockets of each cupcake. Take the cake plugs you reserved and break them in half. Keep the top piece and do what ever you want with the bottom half. Place the plug on top of each pocket to seal it off. Then frost cupcakes as usual.
4. Use Orchard’s Finest Preserves as a glaze for your ham. Cook ham and then brush the entire ham with a coat of the preserves. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
5. Use 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Orchard’s Finest Preserves with 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 Tablespoon white sugar, and 3 cups of fresh diced fruit for a yummy fruit salsa. Refrigerate for 15 minutes and enjoy with cinnamon sugar tortilla chips.