This recipe is a great one to use bone-in, skin-on, recipes. You can also usually get that kind of chicken on sale for a good price. It also comes together nice and quickly. I always love the fresh taste of lemon and it pairs well with the thyme.
Sticky Lemon Chicken
- 8-10 chicken thighs (or other bone-in, skin-on, chicken pieces)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, finely sliced
- chopped parsley to garnish, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Season Chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown the chicken chicken thighs (in batches if necessary) over medium high until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and thyme.
- Return all the chicken to the pan, add the vinegar and cook for a minute or two.
- Drizzle over the soy sauce and honey and carefully shake the pan to mix.
- Pour in a ½ cup of hot water and add the lemon slices to the pan. Let the liquid reduce down until syrupy, which will take about 10 minutes or so.
- Test the chicken with a thermometer to check for doneness.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and sprinkle over the chopped parsley.
Recipe adapted from Cook, Eat Love.