Halloween wouldn’t be Halloween without a sweet treat! Today’s treat is perfect for Halloween or anytime during the Fall season. My inspiration for this recipe came when I saw a bag of pumpkin spice marshmallows. I also think that pumpkin flavors go quite well with caramel, so I had to include some caramel.
I must let you know that my 2 boys did not care for the pumpkin spice marshmallows. However, my daughter, husband, and I LOVED the pumpkin spice marshmallows. You can always go for regular old marshmallows with this recipe if you don’t think it will be a hit with your family or if you just can’t locate the pumpkin spice marshmallows. It will still be delish.
This recipe takes the regular old rice krispie treat to a new level!
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag pumpkin spice marshmallows***(see note)
- 8 cups of rice krispies cereal
- 50 caramels, unwrapped (like kraft or werther’s chewy caramels)
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Spray two 9 x 13 inch baking pans with cooking spray.
- In a large sauce pan over medium to medium low heat, melt ½ cup butter with pumpkin spice marshmallows until completely melted and well blended.
- Mix in the rice krispies and fold in until the cereal is well coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Divide the cereal mixture between to two 9 x 13 inch prepared pans. Press the cereal in each pan until it covers the pan evenly.
- In another sauce pan, place the caramels, condensed milk, and ½ cup butter. Melt over medium heat until melted and well combined. Remove from heat and let cool of a few minutes.
- Spread the caramel evenly over one pan of the rice krispies. Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the caramel.
- Invert the other pan of rice krispies on top on the miniature marshmallows. You are basically creating a rice krispie sandwich with the caramel and the mini marshmallows in the center.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and cut while cool. Makes 18 treats
This recipe is a Real Mom Kitchen original.