My grandmother had a recipe that she would use to make chicken enchiladas. They are delicious, but it takes time to make them since the sauce is from scatch. I found this recipe and it tastes very similar to my grandma’s recipe but the sauce is less work. I got this recipe from couponaddict, a fellow pinching your pennies member.
Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- 4 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or diced
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1-2 c monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3-4 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 doz flour tortillas
- 1 can sliced olives
- Mix all together soup, chilies, onions, sour cream and olives (I don't add the olives and onions at this point).
- Divide 2 cups mixture into separate bowl. Add chicken and monterey jack cheese to remaining mixture.
- Stuff tortillas with mixture and roll, pour 2 cups remaining soup mixture over the top and top with cheddar cheese. (This is where I now add the olives and onions. I just sprinkle on top of the cheddar cheese).
- Put into baking dish (I usually have to use a 9x13 and a 8 x 8 dish to fit them all in) and bake at 350 for 20 to 30 min until hot and bubbly. Serves 6.
This photo is the original photo from this post. The above picture was updated in November 2013.