So are you loving the Four weeks of Fall posts? Well, we continue this week and the theme is breads! You can’t have a bowl of soup without some kind of yummy bread on the side, right? So now that we had a week full of soups, we will a have week full of bread recipes to compliment those soups.
Today’s recipe is one of the easiest biscuit recipes ever! The biscuit itself is only 3 ingredients! You get the most tender biscuits! You simply MUST, MUST, MUST make them! I also high recommend to pair them with the chicken pot pie soup recipe I shared on Friday.
For you locals, tune into Studio 5 tomorrow at 11 am. I will be talking about 4 bread recipes and demonstrating two recipes!
- 2 cups baking mix (I used Bisquick)
- ½ cup sour cream (I used light)
- ½ cup 7-Up or other lemon lime soda
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the baking mix and sour cream. Add the 7-Up and combine. The dough will be very tender.
- Sprinkle some additional baking mix on your working surface and shape dough into a 9 inch square.
- Cut dough into 9 squares. I like to use my pizza cutter to do this.
- Pour 2 of the Tbsp of melted butter into a 9 inch square baking dish. Be sure the butter coats the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden. Brush tops of biscuits with remaining melted butter. Serves 9
Recipe Adapted from Your Home Based Mom.