Today’s soup may sound and look fancy, but is actually quite simple to make. No one will ever guess you started this soup with some plain old cans of tomato soup. This jazzed up version is sure to impress.
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cups milk
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- ½ cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Prepare the tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a stock pot, combine the soup, broth, milk, half-and-half, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently.
- Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup. Stir in ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.