There are all kinds of twists on a good old taco. There is navajo tacos, flat bread tacos, taco pizza, and taco soup. Well, today I have another twist for you – tater tot tacos – the ingredients of a taco serve over tater tots instead of in a tortilla. The family loved it of course. This dish reminded me of eating a taco with “mexi fries” at Taco Time.
- 1 (24 oz) pkg tater tots or rounds
- 1 pd ground beef
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatotes
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- sliced olives
- Prepare tater tot according to pkg directions.
- While the tater tots cook, brown ground beef in a skillet until no longer pink; drain.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes and taco seasoning. Allow the mixture to simmer for 2 minutes.
- To serve, place tater tots on a plate and top with the meat mixture followed by lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, and olives. Makes 5-6 servings.
Recipe adapted from Moms Who Think.