The holidays are just around the corner. It is the time of the year that is usually filled with parties, gatherings, and dinners – all of which usually include food. If you happen to be the host of one of the many holiday get-togethers, you want to impress your guests but not be stressed. Today, I am going to share with you some ways to make your holidays stress-free, including a simple recipe and some new products for your kitchen.
First off is a simple appetizer. I wanted to get one that had Thanksgiving flair, but this really could work for anytime during the holidays. I wanted something that would be quick and easy to make but also wanted it to be special. This would be a great way to start off your Thanksgiving meal.
Fruit and Caramel Brie
- 1 round (13.25 oz) Brie cheese
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Sliced baguette bread or crackers
- Remove the rind from the Brie and place the cheese round in a microwave-safe serving bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the caramel topping, cranberries, apples and walnuts.
- Spread the caramel mixture over the Brie.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until cheese is heated through and slightly melted. Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.
Now that you have a simple appetizer for the holidays, I want to share with you some new products from GE Café™ that can also help make your holiday cooking easier. First is the new GE Café™ Double Oven Range. Who couldn’t use two ovens when preparing for a meal like Thanksgiving?
The cook-top has:
- Tri-ring burner – goes as high as 20K BTUs (most powerful GE Café™ has ever made)
- Allows for GE’s most powerful boiling technology but can also be brought down to a simmer
- Can adjust to pan size
- Distinct Simmer burner – 5K BTUs
- Integrated non-stick griddle (8K BTUs)
The oven has:
- 6.7 ft³ capacity – largest oven capacity in the US industry
- Two fully functional ovens that can be set at different temperatures
- Top cavity – 7”H; Lower cavity 13”H
- Both self-cleaning
- Lower oven gas convection
- Fan circulates air evenly allowing for even cooking that seals in flavor/juices
- Extension slide-out rack
Next is the GE Café™ Advantium Oven. It is Four Ovens in One!
- Traditional Convection Bake
- Warming/Proofing Oven (great when making those Thanksgiving rolls!)
- Sensor Microwave (perfect for warming up your Thanksgiving leftovers!)
It also has 175 preprogrammed recipes, a programmable nightlight, and a stainless steel interior.
I know either of those appliances would help make my holiday cooking easier! GE Café™ and BlogHer have also been nice enough to provide a $100 Visa gift card to give away to one lucky reader. To enter, just leave a comment telling me a tip you use to help make holiday cooking less stressful.
In addition, you can win your own GE Café™ Advantium 120V by sharing a recipe or tip between 11/10/11 – 11/30/11. Visit the GE Café™ Promotions and Prizes page for more details and a chance to win. Good luck!
You can also click on the image below to get more recipes for the GE Café ™ Thanksgiving progressive meal and for more chances to win!
Rules for $100 Visa gift card sweepstakes:
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry
methods between 11/10/11 and 11/30/11:
a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
b) Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment
on this post
c) Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on
d) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about
an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older
Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail.
You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be
The Official Rules are available here.