This is a recipe that I have been making for a while. It is my boys favorite for tacos. One thing about this recipe is you need to make sure that you use the McCormick Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix.
You CANNOT use regular old taco seasoning. I tried doing that and it does not taste any where near the same. I thought it was actually not very good. I also never add water to the recipe. I never do, but some people that I have given the recipe to said that their chicken turned out dry. I don’t know why the difference, but it’s never been a problem for me. So do as you please.
- 1 lb. frozen chicken breasts or tenders (I usually use tenders)
- 1 pkg. McCormick Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- ½ cup water (if you want, but I don't add it)
- Put chicken in crock pot and sprinkle with the seasoning mix. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Shred chicken and put back in crock pot to mix with the juices remaining in the crock pot.
- Serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings. Serves 4-5.