Here is Utah we have a yummy Mexican restaurant called Cafe Rio. I must admit, I have only had their beef and pork there, but when I saw a recipe for Cafe Rio Chicken I decided to give it a try. I am not sure how it compares to the real deal but it was delicious. This is always made in the crock pot so makes life even easier. Love it!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts ( I use boneless)
- ½ cup zesty italian dressing
- ½ Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 pkt ranch dressing mix
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ Tbsp. ground cumin
- Place chicken in a crock pot.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on High 5-6 hours OR on Low 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred.
- Remove half the liquid from the crock pot and place in a bowl. Add the chicken to the crock pot and combine with the liquid left in the crock pot. You want the chicken nice and moist. Add more of the reserved liquid if needed.
- Serve in tacos, burritos, salad, quesadillas, etc. I got two meals from this. I did tacos with some and quesadillas another time with the leftovers. This meat freezes well.
Recipe adapted from Make Ahead Meals For Busy Moms.