This is a variation on a recipe I have shared before for Frito Pie. Both are served over Frito corn chips but each have a different “chili” to serve over top. This version is comes together quickly on the stove top. My other version is made in the slow cooker.
I love the chili that this recipe makes. It has a great balance of spicy and sweet. You can always make it spicier if you like it that way and I have included instructions on how to do that.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 (16 oz) cans chili beans in mild sauce (I used Bush’s) **
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (you can leave this out if you aren’t a fan of sweet)
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag Fritos corn chips
- shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes or salsa
- sour cream
- In a skillet, brown the hamburger with onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink. Drain off any grease.
- Add the chili beans, ketchup, and brown sugar to the beef. Combine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- To serve, place a hand full of corn chips on each plate followed by some of the chili. Then top with desired toppings. Serves 6-8.