Today’s recipe is a twist on lasagna. Instead of lasagna noodles and a ricotta cheese mixture we are using some good old mac and cheese. You get saucy meat layered in between mac and cheesy goodness. This is a great comfort dish as we will so be heading into Fall.
Mac and Cheese Lasagna
- 2 (7.5 oz) pkgs. of Kraft Thick and Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups of spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to the package directions. I prepare it using half the amount of butter and use fat free milk to reduce the fat.
- While the macaroni cooks, brown the beef in a skillet and drain. Add the spaghetti sauce to the meat and stir to combine.
- In a 9x 13 or 11 x 7 dish, spread half of the meat mixture to cover the bottom of the pan. Follow with a layer of half of the macaroni and cheese. Repeat the layers with the remaining meat mixture and mac and cheese.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the layers and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Recipe adapted from Kraft Foods.