Here is a fun way to mix up regular old burgers. Why not give them a taco twist? It is also a great way to use up those smashed tortilla crumbs left in an almost empty bag of tortilla chips. The crushed chips is mixed in the meat and and topped on the burger at the end for added texture and crunch!
I have a new giveaway that starts today so be sure to click on over to enter!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips, divided
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 8 slices of cheddar or American cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup green onion
- Combine the ground beef with 1/4 cup of the salsa, 1/2 cup of the crushed tortilla chips, garlic salt, and chili powder. Shape into 8 patties.
- Grill patties until fully cooked. Top each patty with a slice of cheese and allow to sit on the grill until cheese is melted.
- Serve patties on buns and top with green onion, remaining salsa, remaining crushed tortilla chips, lettuce, and mayo.
Adapted from a recipe in a Smith’s mailer.