Today is my final zucchini recipe. However, I will have more for you in tomorrow’s fab five, so be sure to check it out. This recipe is my favorite one. It is simple and fun, zucchini noodles. You use them in place of pasta. Unfortunately, I couldn’t convince my family to go for them. I had to cook some regular pasta for them. My oldest son did try them and say “that’s pretty good”. Hopefully your family will give it a try.
I will also be sharing the pasta sauce I made to go on top of them on Monday. It is made in the crock pot and only takes 3 ingredients! You can always just use your favorite pasta sauce recipe too.
- 4 small zucchini
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut ends off and slice zucchini into ribbons using a vegetable peeler or a mandolin. My mandolin did not slice them thin enough so I had to use my vegetable peeler. Be careful with the peeler though. You don’t want to cut yourself. I would hold the zucchini in my hand and start peeling at the top, then I would put the zucchini down on the counter and hold on the the top that has already been peeled and finish the ribbon.
- Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Place a layer of the ribbons on the sheet. Lightly brush the ribbons with olive oil and add another layer of ribbons. Continue this until all the ribbons are on the baking sheet. Be sure to finish with a brushing of olive oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the ribbons look tender. Use a paper towel to absorb any excess oil remaining on the baking sheet.
- Divide ribbons or noodles between 4 plates and top with your favorite pasta sauce and Parmesan cheese.