Today’s post is a quick and easy meal on the grill. The base of this pizza all begins with a simple flour tortilla. Tortillas work so well for thin crust pizza. Then to make this pizza yummy and summery it gets a bruschetta topping. A great way to utilize those garden tomatoes. This was a fun and yummy twist on a family favorite.
I also have a new giveaway for ya today so be sure to check it out. It will help you get ready for back to school.
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta Thin Crust Pizza
- 6 roma tomatoes ( or similar amount of tomatoes)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 flour tortillas (I used the small taco sized)
- 1 container Italian Cheese and Herb Philadelphia Cooking Cream
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2-3 cooked chicken breasts, diced (I used leftover salad dressing marinade chicken)
- Dice tomatoes and remove seeds and juice. Place diced tomatoes in a bowl along with the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, green onion, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat grill and grill one side of each of the tortillas until lightly brown over medium heat. Take tortillas and spread a spoonful of the cooking cream or white pizza sauce on the GRILLED side of the tortillas. Top with shredded cheese and chicken and return to the grill until the cheese is nice and bubbly. Remove from grill.
- Sprinkle the cooked pizzas with some of the tomato mixture and serve. Makes 10 pizzas.
Recipe adapted from Tidy Mom.