Today is a fun twist on peppers and sausage. I decided to create a grilled Italian sausage sandwich. Italian sausage placed on a bun, with some provolone cheese followed by some flavorful peppers and onions, YUM! What more can I say, this was simple, filling, and flavorful! I cooked the peppers and onions in a disposable aluminum pan on my grill, but you can always do it in a skillet on your stove top if you prefer.
There is also a giveaway of my cookbook over on Goodreads. I included the info for it below the recipe so you all can enter. Just click on “enter to win” in the button below. I also have been nominated for Babble’s Top 100 Food Mom Blogger’s. I would love for you to pop on over and vote for me. Use the button below the recipe to get there. Then just hit the alphabetical on the page to find me that way and give me a quick thumbs up. That’s all!
Grilled Italian Sausage Sandwiches
- 1 (19.76 oz) pkg. Italian Sausage Links (I used the Johnsonville mild)
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 orange, yellow or green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings and cut in half (I used a vidalia onion)
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- 5 hoagie buns or hot dog buns
- Grill the sausages on your grill according to package directions.
- While those grill, place a disposable aluminum pan on your grill. Place the peppers, onion, and Italian dressing in the pan. Cook over medium heat until peppers and onions are tender.
- Place cheese slices on each bun. Place cooked sausage on the bun and top with the pepper/onions. Makes 5 sandwiches.
Recipe is a Real Mom Kitchen recipe.