Bring on the s’mores baby!!!!!! It is s’mores week all this week at RMK! I must say all of the recipes this week are FABULOUS and showcase that great classic combination of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallow. The past few weeks my family has been sampling the recipes and they have loved each and every one. We had so much fun I already have plans to do a s’mores week again next summer. By the way, don’t ya just love the image my hubby did for me for this week!
We are going to begin the week with a simple no bake s’mores bar. No need for a campfire, no need for a oven. All you need to do is warm some cream on the stove top. That is the extend of heat involved in this one and it only takes a couple of minutes.
So the gist of this recipe is basically graham crackers and marshmallows covered with ganache. HELLO, how can you lose with that! They are also chilled. It was kind of a nice change to have these flavors in a bar that was cold. I really enjoyed it. This was my hubby’s favorite of the recipes I made. Now I really liked the large amount of marshmallows in this recipe, but you can always play around ratio of graham crackers and marshmallows in this if you want to have more graham crackers in your bar. Love ‘em, you MUST make ‘em!
No Bake S’mores Bars
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (11.5-oz) pkg. milk chocolate chips (or 1 3/4 cups)
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 of a 12.5 oz pkg of Keebler Deluxe Grahams, broken into bite-size pieces
- Line a 9-inch-square baking pan with foil.
- In a sauce pan, heat the cream over medium just until bubbles appear around edge of the pan. This only takes a minute or two.
- Remove from heat and mix in the milk chocolate chips until smooth. Allow to cool, stirring occasionally. This should only take about 5 minutes. You just want it cool to the touch because you don’t want it to melt the marshmallows.
- Add the marshmallows to the chocolate mixture and stir gently. You just want the marshmallows to get coated with the chocolate.to coat. Then gently stir in graham cracker pieces until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your foil lined pan and gently press down to fill the pan. Be sure to scrape out every last drop!
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan using the foil and cut into bars with a knife that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Makes 9-12 bars.
Recipe adapted from Nestle’s Very Best Baking.