The other day I was craving a baked potato with broccoli cheese sauce. I didn’t have a recipe for a sauce. I wanted something that was really thick and creamy. I also wanted something quick and simple. I found a recipe on cooks.com and went with that adapting it slightly. It was perfect. Baked potatoes are such a staple. The number of ways you can top them are endless. If broccoli cheese doesn’t strike your fancy, I have a whole list of other ideas to top your spud with HERE.
Broccoli Cheese Sauce (for baked potatoes)
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. Green Giant Steamers broccoli florets or equal amount of cooked broccoli
- 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cheddar cheese soup
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream (I used reduced fat)
- Cook the broccoli according to package directions.
- In the mean time, heat soup and sour cream in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Drain broccoli and add to soup mixture.
- Heat until warm and serve over baked potatoes. Serves 4.