Today’s s’mores recipe is one that you can definitely cool down with – s’mores ice cream. There are so many ways that you could make this. I elected for the chocolate to be with focus and went for a chocolate ice cream base. I also chose simple ingredients. There is no cooking involved with making this ice cream base.
When the ice cream is done churning, you mix in some chocolate covered graham crackers and marshmallow fluff to achieve that s’mores flavor. Now I loved the marshmallow fluff in the ice cream. I loved the texture that it added to the rich and creamy chocolate ice cream. This recipe also is just the right amount for my 1 1/2 quart Cuisinart ice cream maker.
S’mores Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk (you could get by with a lower fat milk)
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup marshmallow fluff
- 16 Keebler Deluxe Grahams, chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, sugars, and salt. Add the milk to the cocoa mixture and whisk together until the cocoa and sugars are dissolved.
- Next, add the heavy cream and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the ice cream and churn for 20 minutes or until thick.
- Leave the ice cream churning and add the marshmallow fluff a spoonful at a time. Once that is all mixed in add the chopped graham crackers and let mix into the ice cream. Once mixed, you can serve immediately or transfer to a freezer container and freezer for 2 hours or until firm. Makes 1 1/2 qts.
Adapted from Handle the Heat.