Here is a quick and yummy meal made on your stove top. It’s a variation on sloppy joes. It also uses the same method for making flatbreads using canned biscuit dough I have shared with you before with the flatbread tacos. I used the Pillsbury Grand biscuits, but you can always use smaller biscuits if you want to.
Now I asked my family if they prefer these over the flatbread tacos and it was mixed. Some like the tacos better. Others like this better. I think both are great.
Now be sure to pop on over to my giveaway page today. I have a fun summer give away to help spice up your summer celebration. Also, pop on over to Your Homebased Mom and the Utah Deal Diva today too. They are both giving away a copy of my cookbook!
Cheeseburger Flatbread Melts
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 pkg dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 oz) can of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and drain off any grease. Add the water, vinegar, onion soup mix, ketchup, mustard and garlic. Stir to combine and simmer over low heat.
- Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit into a 6-in. circle. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook each biscuit for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Yes that is right, DO NOT put any oil in the pan. Now you could always do oil if you’d like more of a crispness to the outside, but it isn’t necessary and it is healthier if you cook them with no oil.
- Top the flatbreads with some of the beef mixture and shredded cheese. Makes 8 large flatbreads.
Adapted from Kevin and Amanda.