It is our last day of grill week and we are finishing it off with another yummy recipe involving chicken thighs. By all means, if you aren’t a thigh fan you can use breasts. I do really love the flavor and tenderness of thighs. I also served these with a yummy rice side dish. Don’t worry I will be sharing that one with you one Monday but you can get a sneak peak in the photo below.
Hawaiian Grilled Chicken
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 diced green onion (reserve some for garnish)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (If you don’t have this you can use veg. or canola, but sesame adds nice flavor)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 5-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Combine every thing except the chicken into a gallon sized resealable freezer bag. Mix well.
- Add the chicken to the bag and seal. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours but overnight is even better. Rotate the bag half way through the process to get both sides of the meat soaking good.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill over medium to low heat. There is a lot of sugar in this marinade so you don’t want it to burn. Grill for around 5-7 minutes per side. (if you use breasts it will take longer)
Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.