One of my new favorite items is chicken sausage. I love the flavor of sausage but the benefit you get from the chicken. Chicken sausage is usually 50% less fat than regular sausage. The other benefit is most of the prepared chicken sausage in links are fully cooked. This means less cooking time.
This recipe today takes chicken sausage and places them on a kabob with fresh vegetables. They all get marinated in a sweet honey lime mixture. You get the heat from the sausage, sweetness from the honey, and tang from the lime. I loved these!
Chicken Sausage and Lime Kabobs
- 1/2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/2 green bell peppers, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) Johnsonville® Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Place the peppers, onion, tomatoes, and sausage in a gallon sized resealable plastic freezer bag.
- In a bowl, combine the honey, lime juice and soy sauce until combined. Add 1 cup honey-lime mixture to the bag with the sausage and veggies. Save the remaining honey-lime mixture for grilling. Seal bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Rotate halfway through/
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread on sausage and vegetables alternately. You want a good mix on color.
- Grill for 10 minutes or until browned, turning frequently and basting with remaining honey-lime marinade.
Adapted from Johnsonville.