So I have seen how Carl’s Jr. fast food restaurants have a guacamole bacon burger an decided to try one at home. Now I haven’t tried the Carl’s Jr. version so I am not sure how it compares but I thought my version was delicious.
I kept the seasoning on the burger simple, but you can always jazz it up more if you’d like. I just thought, if you are having a guacamole bacon burger, then the guacamole and bacon should be the stars. I also wanted a hearty burger, so I did 1/3 pound patties, but by all means, you can adjust the patty size to you liking. You could even go for store bought guacamole to save some time but this guac is really simple to whip together. Be warned that this burger does get messy when you eat it, but it’s well worth the messiness! May a recommend slicing your burgers in half for easier consumption.
Join me tonight on twitter for #GNO! You can follow the link for more info. Love to see ya there.
Guacamole Bacon Burger
- 2 medium ripe avocados (ripe = soft to the touch)
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1/2 of a 4 oz can diced green chile peppers
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, seed removed and chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef (you want some fat in the beef for juicy burger so don’t choose the leanest meat)
- garlic salt
- 6 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 6 or so slices of fully cooked bacon (you at least need 1 for each burger but more is even better)
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- sliced red onion, tomato and lettuce if desired
- Cut avocados in half. Remove pit (set the pit aside). Dice and scoop out of skin.
- Place avocado in a bowl and mash to desired consistency(I like mine well mashed)
- Mix in the onion, green chilies, cilantro, lime, garlic, and tomato. Add the pits to the bowl and place in the fridge. Putting the pits in the bowl will keep the guacamole from going brown.
- Shape your beef into 6 patties and season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Grill your burgers. When they are cooked, top each patty with a slice of pepper jack cheese. Allow cheese to melt and remove from the grill.
- Put the sliced tomato, onion and lettuce, if desired, on the bun followed by the patties. Then top with the bacon and guacamole. Enjoy!
Inspired by Carl’s Jr. Guacamole Burger