I recently found this recipe from Erin at The Sisters Cafe. It sounded way too easy and tasty so I had to give it a try. I have added the word nachos on the end of the recipe, because to me, that’s more of what it is. I also have used red kidney beans instead of black beans before and it works just as well. My whole family absolutely loved these.
We did figure out that the way we liked them best was when you but cheese on the chips first and microwave it so the cheese is melty. Then top it with the chicken mixture followed by all the other toppings. My boys also got me to try them with nacho cheese sauce in place of the shredded cheese. I think we do favor that version a little more. This was so good and it also gets my shockingly simple approval. Thanks Erin for another delicious recipe.
- 1 small bag frozen corn
- 2 large frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (16 oz) jar medium salsa, such as Pace medium picante sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese or nacho cheese sauce
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- diced avocado
- Pour bag of frozen corn in bottom of crockpot. Place frozen chicken breasts on top of corn and cover with rinsed and drained black beans and jar of medium salsa. Cook on high for 1 hour, and then on low for 4 hours. Shred chicken with forks. Serve over tortilla chips and add toppings to individual servings. We melt cheese over the chips or drizzle with nacho cheese sauce first. Then we top them with the chicken mixture followed by other toppings. Serves 6.
This is the original picture from this post. The above picture was updated in July 2013.