This salad is also another new fav of mine. I have shared a similar salad like this before. This version is a little more dressed up, a little fancier. I must say that I love the expanded flavor in this version. I will be eating this a lot this Summer! Now I am wishing I had planted grape tomatoes this year, d’oh! I did however plant some fresh herbs and loved the fresh dill in this.
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- 3 medium sized cucumbers or 6 mini cucumbers (I used mini’s)
- 1 (10.5 oz) container of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 6 sprigs of fresh dill (you can sub 1 tsp dill weed but fresh is best here)
- 1 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Quarter or halve the cucumbers depending on the size used, then slice into 1/4″ pieces.
- Place the cucumbers in a bowl and add the grapes, onion, and dill.
- Toss the cucumber mixture with the Italian dressing until evenly coated with salad dressing. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. The longer the better.
Recipe adapted from Bluebonnets and Brownies