This week I am going to give you some yummy salad recipes. If you aren’t hosting a 4th of July barbecue, you are probably invited to one. So if you are invited and asked to bring a salad, hopefully you’ll find one to take. Then on Friday I’ll have a breakfast recipe for ya in case you want to celebrate with breakfast and just want something a little special. The recipe is one I made for my hubby on father’s Day and it was a hit!
We are starting off with my favorite salad of the group I am sharing this week. Now last year I shared a frito salad with ya. This year I have another one for ya. This one is easy and tasty, plus it’s pretty healthy if you don’t consider the fritos. This is my new fav!
Tex-Mex Frito Salad
- 1 (14.5 oz)can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (I prefer Bush’s)
- 1 (14.5 oz)can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (I prefer Bush’s)
- 10.5 oz (1 dry pint) container grape tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on their size
- 1/2 (4.25 oz) can of chopped olives
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2/3 of a 16 oz. Catalina Dressing
- 2 1/2 finely shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag of Chili Cheese Fritos
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, olives, pepper, green onion and celery. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving, mix in the cheese and dressing until well combined. Then fold in the chips and serve. You want to fold in the chips when you are ready to serve or they will become soggy.