Here is another easy and delicious appetizer. I can’t remember where I got this recipe,but it’s perfect for Christmas. You can use any type of tortilla to make them, but at Christmas I like to make them with green tortillas. I buy the Mission garden spinach herb kind.
These are full of flavor and look festive. The other good thing is that have to be made at least 1 hour ahead of time. I have made them the day before a party. I also recently stumbled across a similar recipe that had a great idea of how to serve these. I put a picture of it below and here’s the link with detailed instruction on how they did it. Way too cute for Christmas!
There won’t be a post on Christmas so I hope you all have a fabulous Christmas and delicious food. I’ll be counting calories after the New Year. I have enjoyed the holiday season a tad too much. I will be back on Saturday with another appetizer. This one is going to involve fresh cranberries. Merry Christmas to you all!!!
Chile and Cheese Spirals
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (4 ounce can) diced green chiles
- ½ cup (about 3) sliced green onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped ripe olives
- 4 (8-inch) soft taco-sized flour tortillas (the green ones I get are 12 inch so I only use 3)
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chiles, green onion, red pepper, and olives in a medium bowl.
- Spread ½ cup cheese mixture over each tortillas; roll up.
- Wrap each roll in plastic wrap twisting ends to close; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap; slice each roll into ¾ inch pieces.
- Serve with salsa for dipping.
This is the picture of the idea I saw for serving these.