Here is a yummy chicken recipe to grill up for Dad on Father’s Day. What else can I say,it is simple and delicious. I used thighs but use breasts if you must! The good thing about grilling with thighs is they don’t dry out like breasts if you over cook the chicken. Serve it up with an Asian salad or rice dish.
Asian BBQ Chicken
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger ( I use Gourmet Garden Ginger)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, cayenne pepper, curry powder, garlic, and ginger. Whisk to combine until the sugar dissolves. Set aside 2 Tbsp of the marinade for grilling.
- Place chicken in a gallon sized zip-lock bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours, or overnight is best. Turn the bag over halfway through the marinating process.
- Grill for 5-10 minutes on each side depending on the thickness. During the last few minutes of cooking brush a the reserved 2 Tbsp of marinade.
Adapted from Our Best Bites.