Today’s father’s Day breakfast recipe is inspired by the original biscuits and gravy, mmm, mmm! We are going to take those elements and turn them into a delicious breakfast pizza. This pizza begins with a crescent roll dough crust ( biscuits didn’t work as well). Then it is topped with country gravy mixed with sausage and onions. Follow that with some scrambled eggs and it wouldn’t be a pizza with out some cheese.
My family loved it and I know Dad will too if you surprise him with this for breakfast on Father’s Day!
Sausage and Egg Pizza
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, diced
- Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles and place on a 14-in. round pizza pan with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust; seal seams. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Prepare gravy according to package directions.Add the prepared gravy sausage mixture and stir until combined; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set.
- Spread gravy mixture over prepared crust. Top with eggs followed by mushrooms and cheeses. Place in the oven for a few more minutes until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 8 servings.
Adapted from Taste of Home.