Today’s recipe is magic! The magic is you don’t need a ice cream maker to make this absolutely divine chocolate ice cream. It was loved by all at this household. It is rich and decadent. This ice cream tastes something like a frozen chocolate mousse or chocolate truffle. Pure chocolate goodness melting in your mouth! You simply must all try this one. It is must!
Magic Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used Nestle Chocolatier found on the baking isle)
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- Place the chocolate and the sweetened condensed milkin a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 10 second intervals and stir between each until combined and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and salt,to the chocolate mixture and stir. Allow mixture to cool to about room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. I did this in my kitchen aid. By the time the cream is whipped, hopefully the chocolate mixture is cooled enough.
- Now add in 1/3 of the whipped cream to the chocolate mixture and carefully stir it together. Now add the chocolate mixture to the remaining 2/3 of the whipped cream and gently fold it in. This does take some time. You don’t want any white bits in the ice cream. Just be patient. It will give you arm a little work out, but that’s ok. This ice cream is worth it.
- Place the mixture into an airtight container and freeze for at least 6 hours. You may need to let it sit on the counter just a bit before you scoop it.