I swear I can never have enough slow cooker recipes for any type of Mexican dish. My family loves them and there are so many different flavor combinations. This one is made with chicken thigh and salsa verde! You can always substitute chicken breast if you prefer. This meat was flavorful and moist. The other great thing with this recipe is you can use the meat in any Mexican dish you like – enchiladas, burritos, tostadas, nachos, etc. I used the leftovers in a quesadilla which was equally delish.
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Verde
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (16 oz.) jar of salsa verde
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- shredded cheese
- pico de gallo or fresh salsa
- tortilla shells
- Place chicken in the bowl of a slow cooker. Top chicken with the diced green chiles, cumin, onion and garlic. The pour the slasa over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot and shredded. Mix in enough of the juice leftover in the slow cooker to make the meat moist.
- Spoon chicken into tortillas and top with shredded cheese, guacamole and pico de gallo.
Recipe adapted from No Fuss Fabulous