Many of you know that I am a recent convert to the dark side. I gave chicken thighs a try and now I love them. The recipe I have shared before have involved boneless skinless chicken thighs, which are great. I can usually get them for $1.99 a pound on sale which is pretty close to the same price of ground beef.
However, you can usually get the bone in/skin on chicken thighs on sale for 99 cents. So I wanted to try a recipe that I could take advantage of the skin on version. Now for those skinless, recipes you can always buy the bone in/skin on version and de-bone and skin yourself, but this busy mom just doesn’t have time for that.
This was another yummy recipe. I must say with this one the skin is the best part. It is crispy and full of flavor. I definitely think, the longer you can marinate this chicken the better! You could also throw this chicken on the grill instead of baking it.
Honey & Soy Baked Chicken Thighs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 4 cloves of garlic; minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pounds (approximately) bone in/skin on chicken thighs
- In a gallon sized zip-loc storage bag, combine the oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger along with salt and pepper to taste. Place the chicken the bag bag and zip closed. Then move the chicken around to make sure each piece is well coated with the marinade.
- Allow to sit in the fridge for a couple hours. Be sure to rotate the bag at least half way through this process.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with foil. Place the chicken in the lined baking dish along with all the marinade. Make sure all the chicken is skin side up.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Turn the chicken skin side down and bake for 15 minutes. Now turn the chicken again to skin side up and cook for 10 more minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reads 165°F.