I have another yummy and simple pasta dish for you. This one uses a jarred marinara sauce mixed with cream. This type of sauce is also called a rose sauce. You really can’t loose with a dish made of pasta, sauce and cheese. Then you add cream and it’s even better! I used a tri-color tortellini from Costco. You could also use frozen tortellini in place of the fresh, just make sure to only cook it about half the amount required on the package.
Tomorrow, I’ll have a garlic bread with a fun twist for you to accompany this pasta dish. There is a sneak peak of it in the picture. I am also sharing a recipe today over at The Crafting Chicks if you want to check it out!
Easy Baked Tortellini
- 3 cups or 1 (13 oz) bag fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 (24 oz) jar of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 11 x 7-inch baking pan.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook tortellini for 3 minutes. You don’t want it fully cooked because it will cook more in the oven. Drain and place in a bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoons of butter to prevent sticking.
- Combine the the marinara, cream, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Then add to the pasta and gently toss until coated. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place the tortellini into the greased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and mozzarella. Then bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until lightly browned.
Adapted from Kittencal’s Kitchen