This is another recipe that I got from a Quick Cooking magazine (now Simple and Delicious) years ago. These work great as an appetizer, for breakfast, or a light dinner.
I usually don’t add the olives because no one in my family likes them. So, I just add an extra 1/4 cup ham and 1/4 cup cheese. You could also replace the olives with another ingredient if you want like green onion, onion, or green pepper. You could also mix it up by using different cheeses. These are little bites of goodness. The small size also makes it fun for kids or baby showers, etc. They are even excellent the next day.
Mini Ham Quiches
- ¾ cup diced fully cooked ham
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped olives (I just use ¼ cup more of each ham and cheese instead)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- ½ cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- In a bowl, combine the ham, cheddar cheese, and olives; divide mixture among 12 greased muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the remaining ingredients just until blended. Pour over ham mixture in muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 1 dozen.
Adapted from Taste of Home.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in May 2014.