Today’s recipe is a banana bread recipe that has been simplified with the use a cake mix. I am not sure where I got the recipe from, but I have been holding on to it forever and finally gave it a try. Now, you can use a white or yellow cake mix to make it. I decided to try it with a butter pecan cake mix. You can mix in some nuts if you like. However, I didn’t this time. It is so easy, yummy, and moist. I also ended up using some of it for a recipe that I will post on Monday.
Also, if you haven’t checked out the giveaway page, be sure you do.
Cake Mix Banana Bread
- 1 (18.25 oz) pkg cake mix (yellow, white, or I used butter pecan)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl blend together the cake mix, eggs, oil, and bananas for 2 minutes. Pour batter into a greased 5.25 x 9 x 2.75 loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely. Makes 1 large loaf.