One dish meals are nice to have in your recipe file. Who doesn’t love a meal without a lot of clean up? Today’s recipe is just that. It is all mixed and cooked in the same dish. The only other things you may have to dirty is a measuring cup, spoon, and cheese grater.
It is also a simple dish – pasta, sauce, and cheese. No need to pre-cook you pasta here. It all cooks in the oven. Yummy! I adapted this one from Meals 4 Moms.
Super Fast Pasta Bake
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni or other small shaped pasta (I used mini bow tie pasta)
- 4 1/4 cups spaghetti/marinara sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( I used a cheese blend)
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, combine the spaghetti/marinara sauce, water, and tomatoes. Stir in raw pasta.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour until pasta is tender.
- Top with cheese and place back in the oven uncovered. Bake a few more minutes until cheese is melted. Serves 4-6.