Today’s recipe is another yummy one I sampled while in Wisconsin. I have never made meatballs made from sausage before. These were absolutely delicious! They were moist and flavorful. You could use them in any recipe that calls for fully cooked meatballs. Just make this recipe and skip step #7 and allow the meatballs to cool on a cooling rack or on a dish lined with paper towels. Once cooled, just place them in a freezer bag and freeze until ready to use.
I also have a giveaway starting today. It is well worth stopping by my giveaway page to enter!
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 pkg. (19.76 oz.) mild Italian sausage Links
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, milk and onion.
- Remove sausage from casings.
- Add sausage to the bread crumb mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 20 meatballs; arrange on a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through (160°F).
- Serve with your favorite sauce and spaghetti.