This is another recipe I sampled when I was in Wisconsin. I think this dish is a great way to start Spring with. I loved all the fresh vegetables and roasting them in the oven makes them even better. The chicken sausage in this recipe is also full of flavor. It is also a simple dish to put together. However, it is nice enough to serve company. This was my favorite dish from my trip.
Chicken Sausage Oven-Roasted Pasta Primavera
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 (12 oz.) package Johnsonville Three Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage, slice at an angle
- 12 oz. linguine, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, and bell pepper in a shallow baking pan. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly brown; stir occasionally.
- In the meantime, cook linguine according to package directions and drain.
- After vegetables are soft, sprinkle sausage on top of vegetables and bake 5 more minutes or until sausage is heated.
- Toss cooked pasta with the vegetable/sausage mixture, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve. Makes 6 servings.