I must say I am always up to try a new banana bread, cake, muffin etc. recipe. I always keep bananas on hand because it is one thing I know my kids will eat. However, once they start to get brown the kids won’t touch them so I am always throwing them in a smoothie or whipping up some bread. I recently discovered a recipe for Nutella Banana Bread over at Kirbie’s Cravings when it was World Nutella Day. You all know how I love nutella, so I had to give it a try. I did make a few changes.
This bread was delicious. Banana bread is usually pretty moist on it’s own. However, this one even has sour cream to make it even better. the nutella was a nice addition. It wasn’t over powering. It gave the bread a different taste. It also gave the bread a richness. I LOVED IT! My husband even loved it and he’s not a huge nutella fan. It definitely is a nice twist on the traditional banana bread. I now have another great recipe to add to my collection for when I need to use up those bananas.
Nutella Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two full sized loaf pans. ( Mine says 9 1/4 x 5 1/4 x 2)
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon and combine.
3. Mix in salt, baking soda, and flour just until combined. Mix in nutella.
4.Divide batter into prepared pans and bake for 35-45minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.