Right now I am on the hunt for recipes that I can make without using my oven. I am looking for recipes using your stove top, grill, microwave or crock pot. Summer here is way too hot, especially in July. I don’t want to add to the heat by turning on the oven.
I found this recipe at Stephanie’s Kitchen, that can be made on the stove top. It is quite tasty and the ranch flavor was a delicious change. My one son couldn’t eat the pasta unless he had a bite of of this yummy chicken with it.
Update: I have also make this with leftover cooked chicken. I just skip the part to cook the chicken and make the sauce using the bacon drippings and sprinkle it with flour and salad dressing mix.
- 3 cups dry medium noodles(rotini works too)
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces **see note
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 Tbsp finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Start your water for your pasta. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut bacon into narrow strips. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels; discard all but 2 Tbsp drippings.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken in reserved drippings until no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. Sprinkle flour and salad dressing mix over chicken; stir well to coat the chicken. Stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in bacon.
- Serve the chicken over the noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serves 4.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in April 2017.