Today’s recipe is one I adapted from a recipe I found from the Incredible Edible Egg. It makes cute mini sized quiches with a biscuit crust. The recipe uses swiss cheese, ham, and green onion but you could easily change out those ingredients with the same amounts of your favorite ingredients. How about a bacon, spinach, and swiss cheese version or one with sausage, green pepper, and cheddar cheese? Be creative! Pair these quiches with some fresh fruit and you are set.
Breakfast Biscuit Quiches
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. cream or milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (I used Pillsbury Simply Buttermilk Biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, mix together the cheese, ham and green onions.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream or milk, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Open and separate biscuits. Press or roll each biscuit into a 5-inch round on lightly floured surface.
- Put 1 biscuit in each of 10 greased muffin cups, leaving the 2 cups in center of pan empty. Press the biscuits firmly against bottom and sides of cups and form a rim at top.
- Place 2 Tbsp. cheese mixture into each biscuit cup. Pour the egg mixture into the cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes until filling is set and biscuits are deep golden brown, . Remove from pan and serve warm.