You all know how much I love to use my slow cooker! Today’s recipe is a great beef dip sandwich also know as the French dip. I have shared other versions before including the Shockingly Simple French Dip Sandwiches and Slow Cooker Italian Roast Beef. So you may wonder why another recipe. Well, they may all be similar, but they each have their own unique flavor to the dish and each are all equally delicious. Today’s version is one I adapted from Joelen’s Cuilary Adventures.
Best Ever Beef Dip Sandwiches
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 6 cups water
- 3-4 pounds beef chuck roast
- rolls or buns
- sliced provolone
- Combine garlic, rosemary, bay leaves, soy sauce, and water in a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Place the roast in the liquid in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-10 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and shred. Place liquid from slow cooker in another container and remove bay leaf. Return shredded beef to slow cooker. Add a small amount to the reserved liquid. Add just enough to make the beef nice and moist.
- Place slice rolls or buns on a baking sheet. Place one slice of provolone on each roll. Place on the center rack of an oven under the broiler. (placing it on the center rack prevents burning) Broil until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Serve meat on the rolls or buns along side reserved liquid for dipping.