Last week we had the weather change drastically here in Utah overnight. One day it was 89 degrees the next day it was 60 degrees. It’s also been raining off and on. The change in weather put me in the mood for soup. I went to my file of soup recipes I needed to try and found a couple I was ready to try. This one is great because it’s made in your slow cooker. It is very similar to the recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup I have posted before. However, it’s amazing how just a few changes to a recipe can really give you a different flavor. This soup tastes just like a chicken enchilada. I also love the flavor that the little sprinkle of pepper jack cheese adds. You can also adjust the heat by what type of enchilada sauce you use. I stuck with mild. The original recipe came from …And a Cookie For Dessert but I did alter the recipe a little. I am also going to share with you today my top 10 soup recipes. These are soups that I have shared before. I’m sure that as I try other soups my list may change, but as of today here’s what it is. Then make sure to come back tomorrow. I’m gonna share the new bread recipe I served along side this soup in addition to sharing my favorite bread recipe to accompany all those soup recipes. You’ll be all prepared for soup weather!
My Top 10 Soup Recipes
10.Creamy White Bean – this soup uses some great spices along with chicken, sour cream and whipping cream.
9. Crock Pot Potato Chowder – a yummy creamy potato soup that can be make in your crock pot that gets it’s creaminess from cream cheese.
8. Crock Pot Tortilla Soup – this is the one that is similar to today’s post.
7. Chicken Enchilada Soup – the recipe I posted today.
6. Creamy Potato – This creamy soup is made with skim milk, but you’d never know it. Delicious and creamy!
5. Clam Chowder - a deliciously creamy chowder recipe that came from my mom.
4. Cheddar Ham Soup – so cheesy and a great use for leftover ham.
3. Taco Soup - can can do stove top or crock pot here. I love to make this one with leftover roast.
1. Creamy Chicken Noodle - this is my absolute favorite homemade soup. I think it is #1 for my entire family.
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes (I used the kind with sweet onion in it)
- 1 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped yellow, green, or red bell pepper (I used red, which is my favorite pepper)
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce (I used mild)
- 1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1½ cups milk (I used skim)
- 1 cup shredded Pepper jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 chicken breasts
- In a 3½ to 5 quart slow cooker, combine drained beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Place 2 chicken breasts on top of mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Pour sauce mixture over ingredients in cooker.Cover; cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and cut or shred into bite sized pieces. Add chicken back into soup.
- Top with pepper jack cheese and serve. Can also be topped with avocado, sour cream, or crushed tortilla chips. Note: if the soup is too thick for you, just add a little more milk after it’s all cooked.
This post and picture are property of www.realmomkitchen.com