This is a taco salad recipe with a little of a twist. It is one that my family loves. I got it several years ago from a Quick Cooking Magazine, now known as Simple and Delicious.
I don’t add the tomatoes because my family is not a fan of fresh tomatoes. I do add a little garlic salt and pepper to the meat, but there is no other need for seasonings, since the flavor for this salad comes from the nacho cheese chips and Catalina dressing.
You could probably add other things to this salad that you like such as corn or fresh onion. We like it just the way it is. Also, in the original picture I took I used pinto beans instead of black beans because when I went to my pantry I was out of black beans. Hope you enjoy this quick and easy salad that won’t heat up the house. This is something I definitely enjoy on these hot July days.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Catalina salad dressing
- 4 cups nacho tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato, beans and beef. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Arrange tortilla chips on a serving plate; top with beef mixture. Yield: 4 servings.