So here’s my other freezer breakfast, breakfast burritos. I kept them really simple with egg, sausage, and cheese. I was able to get a package of tortillas for 69 cents. It said there was 10 in a package, but when I opened mine, I lucked out, there were 1!. I was able to get my dozen eggs for 99 cent, a bag of shredded cheddar cheese for $1.50, and then I purchase 1 pound of Jimmy Dean sausage for $3.
I must say I am a Jimmy Dean fan. For me, it’s worth the extra money to get Jimmy Dean (You can get big rolls of Jimmy Dean at Sam’s and Costco for a great price too). I have purchased other ground sausage before and nothing compares to the quality of Jimmy Dean. It was their reduced fat version that I used in these. So because I went for the pricier sausage I was able to make these for 54 cents each.
The other thing about the burritos is you can add so many other ingredients like green pepper, hash browns, onion, green chilies, salsa, garlic, tomatoes, or green onion. You can also use different meats. I didn’t mix salsa into the eggs because not everyone like the burrito that way. Those you like salsa can just dip their burrito in it instead.
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked (or crumbled links)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 flour tortillas (mine were about 8inch in size, you can also use whole wheat)
- Scramble eggs in large skillet until done and remove from heat; stir in cooked sausage and shredded cheese (You could mix in ½ cup salsa here if you like).
- Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible. Place ½ cup egg mixture into tortilla; roll burrito-style.
- Freeze burritos in single layer on a cookie sheet. When fully frozen (in about 1 hour) place burritos in large zip-top freezer bag; freeze.
- TO SERVE: Wrap in a paper towel.Cook in microwave until heated through (about 1½ to 2 minutes).