One of my favorite dishes my mom would make while growing up was stroganoff. My husband however, isn’t a stroganoff fan. I have made version with ground beef before called Mock Stroganoff . I also have posted a yummy slow cooker version before called The Ultimate Beef Stoganoff. I love the slow cooker version and hubby said the Mock stroganoff was ok. Then I saw this version from Tina over at Mommy’s Kitchen. Hubby gave this version 2 thumbs up. The rest of the family loved it too. It fit the comfort bill for me too. Another bonus, it is so quick and easy to make.
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped onion
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms (I used fresh mushrooms)
- Egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes (I love it over noodles)
- Brown & cook hamburger with chopped onion, salt and pepper. While the meat is browning, Start the noodles, rice or mashed potatoes to cook. Drain off any grease from the hamburger. (I then cooked the fresh mushrooms in the beef fat until tender)
- Add cream of mushroom soup, gravy mix (plus water according to packet directions) mix together and simmer over low heat about 10-15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and the sour cream mix until thoroughly blended. Serve over cooked noodles, mashed potatoes or rice.