It’s pumpkin week, it’s pumpkin week! YAY! Yep, that’s right all this week on Real Mom Kitchen I will be sharing some yummy recipes that include that quintessential fall ingredient, pumpkin! Now don’t worry that the whole week will be filled with just cake and cookies. I actually have a very good variety of recipe for you.
We are going to start of the week with a pumpkin classic. Who doesn’t love a slice of pumpkin chocolate chip bread each Fall season? This recipe takes the traditional recipe up a notch. Instead of regular old chocolate chips we are gonna use nutella! The recipe is one I found over at one of my favorite fellow Utahn’s site, Maria at Two Peas and Their Pod. I must say, I don’t know if I’ll ever make any other pumpkin bread recipe. I LOVE nutella and using it in the pumpkin bread makes one heavenly slice of Fall. It has a good helping of cinnamon and nutmeg in this bread with tastes great with the nutella.
The original recipe does include a little hazelnut extract. I didn’t have any on hand so I left it out. I did wish that there was MORE NUTELLA in each loaf though. So next time, I am going to fill the loaf pan half way and put some nutella and swirl. Then the nutella with be throughout the loaf rather than just on top. My mini loaves pans are extra mini so I had extra batter after filling my four loaf pans, so I made a few muffins with them. I loved the muffin size. It is the perfect portion control for me. I would also recommend putting additional nutella in the center of each of those. I really don’t think you can ever had too much nutella!
Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Bread or Muffins
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 tablespoons Nutella (2 tablespoons per mini loaf) ***see note below
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 4 mini loaf pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and extracts. Whisk until smooth and combined.
4. Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are combined.
5. Pour the batter into the mini loaf pans, making sure batter is evenly divided. Drop 2 heaping tablespoons of Nutella onto each loaf pan. Swirl the Nutella into the pumpkin batter with a knife. Place the loaf pans onto a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Place the loaf pans on a wire rack. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then carefully remove the loaves. Cool completely before slicing.
*Note-You can make regular size loaves. This recipe should make 2 8×4 loaves. Adjust baking time to about 60 minutes. You can also make muffins, but I am not sure how many you will get from a full recipe since I did some mini loaves and some muffins. For muffins cook between 15-20 minutes. I also recommend doing additional nutella in the middle of you muffins or loaves. Just fill the pan half way and swirl in some nutella just like the recipe calls for on top.