Today is my very last post for Bake for the Cure. It is also the last day to enter the giveaway, so be sure to enter! Winner will be announced tomorrow. I hope you have enjoyed the posts that I have shared. It has been fun. Today’s recipe is my adaption of the Apple Granola Pizza from the Bake for the Cure Cookbook. I decided to add cranberries into the recipe. Cranberries pair so well with apples. I helped make the cranberries an even yummier addition by cooking them in a little butter and brown sugar before mixing them into the apple pie filling. I must say this was my favorite recipe that I tried from the Bake for the Cure Cookbook. I will be using the basic idea of the recipe for years to come.
You can totally change up the recipe by using a different pie filling, just omit the cranberry portion of the recipe. I think that a cherry version would be fabulous. You could even use almond extract in place of the vanilla used in the drizzle. The cherry with almond drizzle would excellent. I also like the idea of a peach version too. The dough is also simple to put together. I used Fleishmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast which requires no rise time. You just make the crust and bake it. Isn’t that easy! The dough is also easy to press or roll out. Be aware to that this recipe gives you PLENTY of vanilla drizzle for the pizza. I didn’t use all of it in the picture because I wanted you to be able to see the yummy cran-apple part. So enjoy this yummy dessert pizza and try it out with the different pie fillings.
I also wanted to let you know that I am heading off to another fun event in one week. You can check out all the details and get a sneak peak at what I am doing on my events page.
Cran-Apple Granola Pizza with Vanilla Drizzle
- 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast or RapidRise Yeast
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup warm water (120 to 130 degrees)
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup granola cereal (I used Kroger 100% natural cereal oats and honey flavor)
- Vanilla Drizzle
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Spice Islands 100% Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. milk
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add warm water and 3 Tbsp. melted butter. Mix for about 1 minute until well blended.
- Add enough remaining flour gradually until a soft dough forms. Dough should form into a ball and be slightly sticky.
- Knead dough on floured surface for about 4 minutes until smooth and elastic. (If using RapidRise yeast then let dough rest for 10 minutes)
- Put 2 Tbsp butter, brown sugar and cranberries in a small sauce pan. Cook until boiling and boil for 1 minute. Mix cranberry mixture in with pie filling.
- Pat dough with floured hands, pressing gently to fill a greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Or roll dough into a 12 inch circle and place on a well greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Create a rim around the edge of the dough by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread pie filling over crust and bake at 450 degrees for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with granola.
- Put pizza back in oven and cook for 6-9 minutes more until crust is browned and granola is lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine vanilla drizzle ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over pizza and serve.