It’s day 2 of Fall Treat Week and I’ve got a recipe that has quickly become a new family favorite. This recipe is also my third contribution to Bake for the Cure.
I love to eat s’mores in the Fall. Cooking a marshmallow over a warm and toasty fire is fun on a cool Autumn evening. This s’more recipe doesn’t require a fire and comes together so quickly. I found the recipe posted on Tasty Kitchen by another Utahn! You can have this easy snack put together in 20 minutes.
I have another bonus snack recipe for you to go along with the Fall theme and s’mores recipe today. Make a s’more but instead of using graham crackers use apple slices! Yummy! Here are some other s’mores recipes I love!
- 9 cups honey graham cereal (like Golden Grahams)
- ¾ cups corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 (11-½ oz) pkg milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter.
- Measure 9 cups of graham cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, butter and milk chocolate chips. Stir constantly until chocolate chips are melted and ingredients are combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal and stir quickly until cereal is coated with chocolate. Stir in the marshmallows.
- Pour mixture onto cookie sheet and using a slightly damp hand, press into the pan.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in August 2017.