It’s day 2 of Fall Treat Week and I’ve got a recipe that has quickly become a new family favorite. This recipe is also my third contribution to Bake for the Cure. Be sure to enter the giveaway I have going along with it.
I love to eat s’mores in the Fall. Cooking a marshmallow over a warm and toasty fire is fun on a cool Autumn evening. This s’more recipe doesn’t require a fire and comes together so quickly. I found the recipe posted on Tasty Kitchen by another Utahn! You can have this easy snack put together in 20 minutes.
I have another bonus snack recipe for you to go along with the Fall theme and s’mores recipe today. Make a s’more but instead of using graham crackers use apple slices! Yummy! Here are some other s’mores recipes I love!
Night Owl S’mores Treat
- 9 cups Honey Graham Cereal (like Golden Grahams)
- ¾ cups Light Corn Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 11-½ ounces, weight Package Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter.
- Measure 9 cups of graham cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, butter and milk chocolate chips. Stir constantly until chocolate chips are melted and ingredients are combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal and stir quickly until cereal is coated with chocolate. Stir in the marshmallows.
- Pour mixture onto cookie sheet and using a slightly damp hand, press into the pan.
***This recipe needs to be made and devoured the same day. Otherwise the cereal gets soggy the next day. I believe this is due to the high content of corn syrup in the recipe.